Link for 2018 Players signed
Players Signed since 2016 Off-Season-(last update Aug 12, 2017)
Atlantic League- Tyler Clark from Florida Trip (from 2014 trip)
Can-Am League Off-Season Signings:
Josh Evans RHP- From American and Pacific Association, first signed in 2015, finished 2015 and started 2016 in American Association
American Association Off-Season Sign/Re-Sign
Santiago Rodriguez RHP- Gary Southshore Railcats 2016
Randy Santiesteban INF- Gary Southshore Railcats/Sonoma Stompers 2016
(both signed during Spring Training 2016 trip)
Frontier League Draft Picks:
Brian McKenna C/RHP-Joliet Slammers
Danny Britt C-Windy City Thunderbolts
Frontier League Off- Season Signings:
Eli Garcia RHP- Florence Freedom
Frontier League In-Season Signings:
Matt Parish RHP- Southern Illinois Miners
Ryan Lashley 3B- Southern Illinois Miners
Jack Fowler LHP- Florence Freedom
Aaron Brill INF- Florence Freedom
Frontier League from Pro Spring Training Trip Signings:
Normal Cornbelters: Rich Mejia INF, Alex Fishberg RHP, Gabe Acevedo OF
Skyler Janisse RHP- Joliet Slammers
Brandon Soat OF- Evansville Otters
Ryan Calby LHP- Florence Freedom
Mark Fowler OF- Florence Freedom
Pacific Association Off Season Signing::
Jose Garcia SS Pittsburg Diamonds (signed for 4th time thru TBT)
Juan Espinosa RHP Sonoma Stompers (2nd season)
Nick Zaharion 1B- San Rafael Pacifics (seen in 2016 ST with TBT)
Gentry Fortuno- RHP Pittsburg Diamonds
Paul Perez- RHP PittsburgDiamonds (Empire 2016)
DJ Sharabi- RHPSonoma Stompers (Pecos 2016)
Pat Barnett- RHP San Rafael Pacifics (2nd season, signed out of Atlantic League tryout 2016)
Angel Lara- LHP Pittsburg Diamonds (Found thru American Association Tryout)
Max Bierdzyski- RHP Pittsburg Diamonds (released Frontier League in ST)
Ryan Calby Invited to Spring Training- promoted to Frontier League in season
Ryan McKenna invited to Spring Training- Promoted to Frontier During Draft
Tyler Clark invited to Spring Training- Promoted to Atlantic League
Sonoma also invited Yuta Okazaki, Danny Muller and Connor Sheridan to spring training before the season and they spent a week with them before coming back to us. 2 are now retired.
Pacific Association In-Season Signs:
Aaron Brill- San Rafael Pacifics (promoted to Frontier League 8/12)
Cameron Monger- San Rafael Pacifics
Joe Randazzo- PIttsburg Diamonds
Alex Fishberg- Signed to Vallejo Admirals
Eli Garcia- Signed to Vallejo Admirals
Jeff Dally- Signed to Vallejo Admirals
Josh Evans- Signed to Vallejo Admirals
Pecos League Hudson River League Signings: (6 total!!)
Zach Migliozzi, Jordan Stark, AJ Flores, Juan Dominguez, Zach Zareva, Brandon Torres out of the Hudson River League
Pecos League Off-Season Signings/Re-sign (51 players total!!)
(teams listed and number of players shown, due to politics and horse shit in Indy Ball, I gotta watch out for my boys
High Desert Yardbirds ( 5 players signed to championship team)
Roswell Invaders (5 players signed to 2nd place team)
Alpine Cowboys (5 players signed, 1 promoted to Frontier League, 1 All-Star)
Bakersfield Train Robbers -0 players signed
Tuscon Sagueros (3 players signed, 1 new and 2 re-sign)
Garden City (3 players signed, 1 resigned)
Whitesands Pup Fish ( 8 players signed, 1 All Star)
Santa Fe Fuego (5 Players signed, 1 promoted to American Association, 2 All-Stars)
Monterey Amberjacks (2 players signed)
Hollywood Stars (10 players signed, 1 All-Star)
California City Whiptails (5 players signed)
Trinidad Triggers- 0 players signed
Kentucky Derby Signings (After Spring Training Tour) (8 players total)
Joe Jones- Promoted to Cleburn Railroaders in American Association after season. Joe joined us in American Association Spring Training
Joe Randazzo- promoted to Pacific Association-Pittsburg Diamonds 8/2
Bobby Orozco- finished 2016 in American Association with Joplin
Danny Muller- Signed for the 4th time by TBT since 2015 spent time with Sonoma in Spring Training
Curt Hendrickson- 24 year old rookie out of Florida
Chip White- Promoted to Pecos League after 1 month
Eric Guitierrez- Joined during Pacific Association Spring Training
Nate Winston- Played Spring Training 2016/2017 with us.
Empire League Players that elected to go there:(7 players total)
Nate Leon (Played in Spring Training games in Atlantic and Canam League)
Casey Cannon (played summer ball in NJ with Sox)
Matthias Leyva (played in Spring Training, came from Pecos League 2 teams)
James Wong- Off-Season selection
Sam Carter- Played in 2016 Pacific Association Spring Training
Robert Dumas- (Played in Florida and Pacific Association Spring Training
Paul Perez- Came from Pacific Association after Spring Training Tour
Empire League All Stars Included Sam Carter, Eric Mozeika, Casey Cannon and D'Aundre Van Slyke who all played for the Black Sox in the past. Van Slyke would compete in the Home Run Derby and was in the Frontier League and Pacific Association in Spring Training
Players in Pro Ball From 2016-2015-2014 Signings
Nick Crouse- USPBL
Players who played with us in 2016-2017 and signed to play Pro Ball
Riley Palmer- USBPL
Eli Garcia/Florence Freedom/Frontier League: Eli's brother has been signing thru the Black Sox since 2014 (Atlantic League) and 2016 (Empire to California under Simon Walters). Eli went to Ramapo College and began training with us last winter. He pitched for us in the fall of 2016 to work on his slider deception and fastball velo. He was constantly 92-94 and kept it up until December when we had Dennis Pelfrey (Florence Manager) in town for a few days. He hit his numbers, got his offer, and is getting ready to go down and pitch vs MLB teams in March and pitch in the Atlantic League games to get ready.
Josh Evans/NJ Jackals/Can-Am League: Josh was on our first Pacific Association Tour team where he signed in 2015. When Aaron Brill and Jeff Lyons went over to Joplin with SteveChapter at the end of the season, Evans went as well and got a spot in the starting rotation in the American Association in 2016. He finished the season back in California. He was offered aSpring Training Invite to play with former teammate and another Black Sox pitcher who had signed on our tour in 2015, Matt Parish. Josh will play vs MLB teams in Florida and pitch in the Atlantic League series to get ready.
Tyler Clark/Lancaster Barnstormers/Atlantic League: Several players I had never met before "big leagued" us when we played vs the 18U Canadian Teams. They didn't want to play against kids...well, one of my long term soldiers, Tyler Clark understood that the 1st Base Coach for the Canadian Team was also the Pitching Coach for the Barnstormers...Tyler was first with me in 2014 at the IBL in Ohio/Michigan out of Dominican College. He would sign with the Arizona Diamondbacks and smoked a quick Newport in AAA. Since then he had bounced from the Frontier League to the Can-Am League, and now has a chance to win a job in the top league in the country. He was one of the first guys down in Florida this year. Tyler will stay down in Florida and train with us and get at-bats until he leaves for Spring Training early April. We will play vs him on April 15 in PA.
Skylar Janisse/Evansville Otters/Frontier League: I found Skylar in the AUBL Miami playing for the Dade Diamondbacks. After discovering he was 90-92 with good stuff and around the glove, I asked him how he got here. Some guy guaranteed him a Pecos League contract if he paid $2000 up front, which he did. He was throwing a ball against a fence and working out by himself 5 days per week. This was unacceptable to me, and we took him in and he started training and showcasing with us, for the Tigers in Lakeland and the Mets in St Lucie. He went to the Evansville Otters tryout in Mid March on his way back to Canada to handle Visa paperwork and was signed by Andy Mcauley, who has also signed some of our other players the past couple of seasons. Skylar will stay down in Florida with us and train until he goes to Spring Training. He pitched against the Phillies today when this was written on 3/31/17.
- 2016 Players Signed::
- Atlantic League :
- Can-Am League Signings: Luis Parache (Boulders workout)
- American Association Signings: Randy Santiesteban (Railcats during PA trip, was released and sent to Pacific and has 2017 Contract for Railcats), Santiago Rodriguez (Railcats during trip) Ryan Calby (Joplin, drove back thru Missouri after entire trip and signed with Joplin, was released and went back to his 3rd season in the Pecos) Bobby Orozco finished the season in the American Association with the Joplin Blasters as well. He pitched in 2017 in the Thorobread league after doing the entire Spring Training trip.
- Pacific Association: Pat Moriarty/Jose Garcia (promoted from Empire) John Boland/Ricky Moses (signed in Florida), Juan Espinosa (signed last day of trip) Leo Rodriguez, Luis Ferreras. Topher Scheeler also latched on with San Rafael for spring training as a player-coach but when home for family reasons.
- Players signed from Spring Training tour : Pat Barnett (promoted from Pecos-Pacific) Sal Palumbo, Gavin Lavallee, David Hannan,
- United Shores: Brian McKenna, Nick Crouse, Fernelys Sanchez wound up in the United Shores after Spring Training tour.
- 2016 Fall Hudson River League :: 10 players signed with various teams. Juan Dominguez, Zach Migliozzi, Will Charkowski, Zach Zareva, Jordan Stark, AJ Flores, Brandon Torres, Mike O'Dwyer, and 4 other players from local area as well.
- California Winter League Courtesy Picks That were released: Sam Ayala/Brian Mckenna (both re-joined spring training and signed in United/Pacific and now Ayala is in Mexico)
- SFWL Courtesy Picks sent to Vallejo for 100 Player Spring Training joined the Sox and finished the Pacific Association tour and some went back across the country with us in search of jobs.
- Pecos Players who went after the trip as we sent them out accordingly: John Tasis, Danny Muller (2teams) Sal Palumbo, Nick Stading, Connor Sheidan. Other players of ours who wound up on Pecos teams, Omar Artsen (Detroit Tigers), Toby Eigner, Sam Pack. Right after the Pacific Association part of the trip we sent Kenny Chavez, Vlad Gomez and Rob Rizzitelli to the Whitesands Pupfish. Frank Fantino would also wind up there and come back and pitch for us after the season in 2017.
- Also sent out again were Ryan Calby, Gavin Lavallee. 2 Players who ran into us along the way were Phil Llewlyn and Tim Henry with the Alpino Cowboys. Also several players played part of the season and were released or did not finish. Derek Headrick, Nilson Ibert, Chris Cutrone, Nate Winston, Kenny Searly.
- Steve Chapter - We met Steve on our 2014 spring training trip in Michigan in the IBL. Steve moved to New Jersey to play on our TBT Black Sox Pro team and train. He came to Florida to get in shape for spring training and went on the spring training trip. He signed with the Pittsburg Diamonds of the Pacific Association. He lead league in saves as well as K/9. He then signed with the Joplin Blasters of the American Association and finished season with Florence Freedom of the Frontier League. He is signed with Florence for 2016 season. #SeeYouInThe9th. Steve had tommy john surgery and has since retired. Chapter moved to NJ (literally in my house) and worked out with us during the winter and worked for TBT doing clinics and lessons until he left for ST in 2016.
- Aaron Brill - Aaron worked out with us in Florida and continued his training in New Jersey while playing for the TBT Black Sox Pro team. He impressed coaches on the spring training trip with his flashy defense. He signed with the Pittsburg Diamonds of the Pacific Association. He was then traded to Vallejo. He was traded to the Joplin Blasters of the American Association and is signed there for 2016. He played for both Joplin and Vallejo in 2016 and is currently training with us in NJ and has received offers from the Frontier League and Pacific Association for his 4th pro year.
- Josh Evans - Josh came on spring training trip and signed with the Vallejo Admirals of the Pacific Association. He moved up to the Joplin Blasters of the American Association and is signed there for 2016 and finished back in the Pacific Association.
- Nate Stewart - We found Nate at a workout with 100 other players for the SFWL. After none of them were signed we invited him on our spring training trip. He met us in Sioux Falls and signed with the Sioux Falls Canaries of the American Association after lighting up the radar gun sitting 94-96 mph.
- Matt Parish - Matt attended the California Winter League and was unsigned. He came on the spring training trip and signed with the Joplin Blasters of the American Association after showing off his mid 90s fastball. He excelled as a starting pitcher. He stuck it out for 1 1/2 seasons in Joplin before making the move the NJ Jackals, where he had his best season yet and is playing in his backyard in NJ.
- Ryan Vega - Ryan attended several open tryouts and was unsuccessful signing. He worked out with us in Florida and signed with the Windy City Thunderbolts of the Frontier League in February while he was training with us. He was released in Spring Training and had the options through us to go somewhere else to play where he would get a full season in but he declined.
- Ryan Calby - Ryan worked out with us and played for the TBT Black Sox Pro team in New Jersey and came on the spring training trip. He signed with the Roswell Invaders of the Pecos League, won the 2015 Pecos League Championship. He finished his 3rd season in Pro Ball with the Pecos League this year after signing in the American Association with the Joplin Blasters after he pitched vs them twice in Spring Training.
- Nick Stading - We met Nick after he was unsigned at the American Association/Frontier League workout in Tennessee. After hearing what we do he came to train with us in New Jersey and played for the TBT Black Sox Pro team. He came on the spring training trip and signed with the Roswell Invaders of the Pecos League and won the 2015 Pecos League Championship. Nick finished his 2nd season in the Pecos in 2016 and is retired now.
- Steve Rogers - Steve came on the 2014 spring training trip, signed with the Adrian Pioneers of the IBL, moved up to the Frontier Greys of the Frontier League. He came to florida where he was signed by the Florence Freedom. He spent time with the Schaumburg Boomers of the Frontier League as well as the Gary Southshore Railcats of the American Association in 2015.
- Chris Motta - Chris was released from the Phillies during spring training 2015. He stayed in Florida to work out with us and signed in the Frontier League. He finished the season with the Garden State Greys of the Canadian/American Association..
- Danny Muller - We met Danny in Myrtle Beach on our way down to Florida. He trained with us in Florida and continued his training in New Jersey while playing for the TBT Black Sox Pro team. He signed with the Roswell Invaders of the Pecos League before moving to the Las Cruces Vaqueros of the Pecos League. in 2016 he finished his 2nd season in the Pecos with Santa Fe.
- Tim Williams - We met Tim in Myrtle Beach on our way down to Florida. He met us halfway through our spring training trip. He spent some time with the Sioux Falls Canaries of the American Association and finished the season with the Vallejo Admirals of the Pacific Association. he played for Vallejo again in 2016.
- Hector Cedano - Hector trained with us in Florida where he was signed by the Sioux Falls Canaries of the American Association. He was then traded to the Sussex County Miners of the Canadian/American Association.
- Robert SIlky -We met Robert in Myrtle Beach last winter. He met us halfway through our spring training trip. He signed with the Alpine Cowboys of the Pecos League.
- Jose Reyes Garcia Jose worked out and played with the TBT Black Sox Pro team in New Jersey before signing with the Somerset Patriots of the Atlantic League. He signed in 2016 under Manager Simon Walters in the Empire League and was moved to the Pacific Association because he was seen there before in Spring Training. He will start the 2017 season in Pittsburg.
- Logan Lotti - Logan came on the spring training trip instead of attending the Rockland Boulders workout. He signed with the Vallejo Admirals of the Pacific Association. He holds the record for most career home runs in the Pecos League.
- Jeff Lyons - We met Jeff after he was unsigned at the American Association/Frontier League workout in Tennessee. He came on our spring training trip and signed with the Trinidad Triggers of the Pecos League before signing with the Joplin Blasters of the American Association.
- 2015 Pacific Association trip signings:: Logan Lotti, Josh Evans, Steve Chapter, Timmy Williams, Aaron Brill.
- Players who went Pecos after the PA trip 2015: Ryan Ward, Robert Silky
Some players we helped sign in 2014:
Tyler Clark: IBL Spring training to MLB pre-draft to Arizona Diamondbacks
Chris Christopolous: IBL Spring training to IBL/United League
Nick Sydnor: Florida Trip to X-Treme Line Academy and hopefully soon to the Baltimore Orioles!
Daniel Bustamonte: From the Colorado Rockies to NJ for Rockland Boulders tryouts to the IBL Spring to IBL
Stephen Rogers: From IBL spring training to IBL to Frontier League
Aaron Brill: Black Sox summer team to Can-Am League with Quebec Capitales
Ryan Calby: IBL to Pecos League
Sean Lukaseweicz: IBL spring training to IBL
David Hannan: IBL spring training to IBL
Bobby Harper: Black Sox summer team to Pecos League
IBL - The Sox took a team of pro’s to the IBL in Ohio and went 3--1--1 in 5 games. We left almost half our team down there, and sent a few players back to the IBL once there were spots open on different teams. One of the players, Tyler Clark, returned home to attend the Reds pre-draft and then was picked up by the Arizona Diamondbacks.
United League: We were supposed to go to Texas to play 3 games vs the United League as well, but we signed both of our Catchers (Chris Christopolous, and Tyler Clark). Another catcher (Topher Scheeler) who was supposed to take the trip, got his spring training invite before the games were officially scheduled.
We also had 6 players attend the MLB pre-draft workout in NJ
Played 2 games vs the Newark Bears (then in the Can-Am League) and used that opportunity to sign players as well. Reggie Taylor (former KC Royals Organization) signed with Gary Templeton’s son, JR, in the Pacific Coast League.
Reggie Taylor to the Pacific Association and Kenny Searly to the Pecos League.
2012 Signings While I was in El Paso Working for the American Association thru the Pecos League:
--Promoted Brandon Godfrey, Kyle Kreigh, Blake Cull and Marc Gomez, 4 left handed pitchers that I had seen in Roswell that I helped when I was promoted to the American Association. We also promoted Brian Ramirez and Jordan Marks.
--Signed Frank Delgado and Gabe Torres out of New York to play for the 2012 Pecos League Roswell Invaders.